Market Assistant St. John’s Farmers’ Market
LOCATION OF JOB: St. John’s
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15th, 2010
JOB TYPE: 1 Part-time SWASP community service positions
SALARY: $1,400 tuition voucher, in addition to a $1,120 stipend over the course of the placement.
START/END DATE: 8 week (280 hrs) duration to take place between June 1 and August 31, 2010; actual dates are negotiable
DESCRIPTION/DUTIES: Student would be responsible for administrative and supportive duties for the St. John’s Farmers’ Market. With supervision from the Market Manager, specific duties would include weekly volunteer recruitment, assisting with the setup and breakdown of the market, creating media awareness (press releases, public service announcements, etc.), assisting with event design, promotion and hosting, among other duties to support the market.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum 2 years completed toward a bachelor’s degree; experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations, especially related to farmers’ markets; or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- Must be planning to attend a post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in the coming academic year;
- Must have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year;
- Must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years old (inclusive);
- May NOT hold another full-time job (30 hours per week or more) while on the SWASP placement; and
- May NOT be attending classes full-time while on the SWASP placement.
Send resume with cover letter and references:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: St. John’s Farmers’ Market
44 Torbay Rd. Suite 110
St. John’s, NL
For questions contact: