When: Thursday, January 20
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Island time (5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Labrador time)
With presentations from:
- Colin Greene, St. John’s Farmers’ Market
- Carolyn Wheeler, West Coast Farmers’ Market
- Stephenville Community Market
In recent years Newfoundland & Labrador has experienced an incredible growth in Farmers’ Markets across the province. This past season saw 10 full- and part-time Farmers’ Markets operate in communities spanning St. John’s to Fogo to Stephenville. Join us for this exciting teleconference to learn about Farmers’ Markets in Newfoundland and Labrador and discuss:
- How to run and sustain a market in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Vendor recruitment techniques – including farmers, craftspeople, and artisans
- Table fee structures and other operational topics
This teleconference is a great opportunity for existing markets to share best practices and for those thinking of starting up a new Farmers’ Market to learn and get connected. If you are involved with a Farmers’ Market, interested in starting one up, or just interested in learning more, register now!
Register before Monday, January 17th by contacting Rick Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 709.237.4026.
About the presenters:
- The St. John’s Farmers’ Market just completed its third season and operates every year from June through December, 9 am – 2 pm at the Lion’s Club Chalet on Bonaventure Avenue.
- The West Coast Farmers’ Market is organized by the Western Environment Centre and had its first season in 2009. This year it opened every Saturday from June to October from 10 am – 2 pm at The Majestic Lawn in Corner Brook.
- The Stephenville Community Market is a partnership between the Stephenville Lions’ Club and the Bay St. George Sustainability Network and had its first year in 2010. It opens Saturdays, 10 am – 3:30 pm at the Lions Building, Woodland Avenue, Stephenville.