St. John’s Farmers Market is putting the call out for our Market Manager position.
Responsible to the St. John’s Farmers’ Market Board of Directors, the St. John’s Farmers’ Market Manager plays an integral role in the operation of the farmers’ market. The individual in the position is responsible for the week to week operations of the market, including but not limited to working with market vendors and other internal and external stakeholders. The Market Manager also works closely with the Board.
- Board-Management Relations
- Awareness and enforcement of Market Rules
- Dispute and Emergency Resolution
- Ensuring Regulatory Compliance
- Record keeping
- Vendor Selection and Retention
- Communications and Market Promotion
- Market Set-Up and Break-Down
- Market Evaluation
- Professional Development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and passion for Farmers’ Markets
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to communicate respectfully and professionally
- Marketing experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with a volunteer board
- Strong leadership skills
- Physical ability to set up and move tables and tents as needed. Must be able to circulate through the market during market hours
- Financial literacy and experience preparing financial statements would be an asset.
- Experience in food service management would be an asset
- Previous experience managing a farmers’ market would be a definite asset
The salary is $13,500 for the period starting from mid-April to the end of the Market season in December with a 25 hour work week.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 18th, 2011. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter to arrange an interview, which will be held on or around Saturday March 26th. The start date for the position will be early to mid-April, 2011.