- Awareness and enforcement of Market Rules
- Record keeping
- Communications and Market Promotion
- Market Set-Up and Break-Down
- Market Evaluation
- Recruitment and Supervision of Volunteers
- Assisting with Ensuring Regulatory Compliance
- Assisting with Vendor Selection and Retention
- Professional Development
Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and passion for Farmers’ Markets
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to communicate respectfully and professionally
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Physical ability to set up and move tables and tents as needed. Must be able to circulate through the market during market hours
- Experience working with a volunteer board would be an asset.
- Financial literacy and experience preparing financial statements would be an asset.
- Experience in food service management would be an asset
- Previous experience working or volunteering at a farmers’ market would be a definite asset
- Current full-time students who will returning to full-time post-secondary education in the fall will be preferentially considered for this position
The salary is $10/hr, at 40 hrs/week. Students are also eligible to receive a tuition voucher of $1400. The position will start mid-to-late May (depending on applicant availability) and will run until the end of August. There is a possibility for the position to be continued at reduced hours during the fall, depending on the availability of external funding.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, April 20th, 2011. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly thereafter to arrange an interview, which will be held on or around Saturday April 23rd.