September 11th, ST. JOHN’S, NL
– Once again we are glad to welcome new vendors joining the big family of St. John’s Farmers Market. We are expanding every month and offering a wide diversity of products. Everything fresh, locally grown, made it or baked it.
More names are added to the list of vendors such as Gingerly, Bona A Pet Treat, Gingerbread House, Candy Box Creations (French and Belgian chocolates) and more! Stephen Jobson from S & J Gardens is returning this season offering excellent products grown in their greenhouse. You will see a wide range of vegetables including subtropical and flowers!
Jewish Deli, Pakow Catering (Thai food), Kitchen Brazil, In Your Face Ice Cream, Daisy & Sacha Sauces, Luna Raw Desserts, Paleo Bites, among many others, are a big part of the Market experience for new and regular customers. Our thirteen farmers keep bringing high quality, fresh, local produce and every week you have the chance to get new vegetables, new varieties and new flavors. In addition, you’ll find such products as paleo, gluten-free and vegan treats, handmade soup mixes, delicious sauces, jam and preserves, pickled vegetables, fresh wild blueberries, international food from Africa, India, Turkey, Brazil, Thailand and much more. We also have a wide diversity of local artists showing their unique creations.
The Market has two new tents, where new craft vendors and non-profit organizations promote their products and offer workshops. This Saturday is CarhShare’s turn to offer an interesting workshop about their work and how to get involved. Meet everyone and make your Saturday an exciting experience by visiting the St. John’s Farmers’ Market at the Lions Chalet on Bonaventure Avenue, between 9:00AM and 2:00PM. Check the complete vendor list
for this week.
Saturday, September 13th outdoor activities and performances:
- 9:00 AM to 11:00AM: Serena Piercey, Violinist/ Fiddler (12 years old). She has been playing for the last 6 years with Suzuki Talent Education Program and the STEP fiddlers
- 11:30AM to 12:15PM: Jason Hammond, president of the Canadian Federation of Carshare Cooperatives,
- 12:00PM to 1:00PM: Jenna Maloney,(singer) who will be playing in benefit of the Terry Fox Run.
- 12:00PM to 1:00PM: Mark Burry Comedy Magic Show. FREE
Please note that all outdoor activities are weather dependent.
We have great quality reusable shopping bags with our logo on sale for just $10. Please bring cash for all purchases as there isn’t an ATM on site. Parking is limited.
Joins us on Facebook
for more details about the vendors, products, activities and updates.