September 18th, ST. JOHN’S, NL
- It is a busy season at the St. John’s Farmers Market. New vendors and more farmers are making the Market a great opportunity to find a wide selection of high quality products; all fresh and locally produced.
Farmer Stephen Jobson (S & J Gardens) is coming again this week offering the best of his greenhouse production. According to Stephen his top products are subtropical crops such as flowers and peppers. Also, our twelve regular farmers are bringing a diversity of vegetables and fresh products.
Bon a Pet Treat, Jewish Deli, Pakow Catering (Thai food), In Your Face Ice Cream, Daisy & Sacha Sauces, Paleo Bites, among many others, are a big part of the Market experience for new and regular customers. In addition, you’ll find such products as paleo, gluten-free and vegan treats, handmade soup mixes, delicious sauces, jam and preserves, pickled vegetables, fresh wild blueberries, international food from Africa, India, Turkey, Brazil, Thailand, Colombia and much more. We also have a wide diversity of local artists showing their unique creations.
The Market has two new tents at the back field, where new craft vendors and non-profit organizations promote their products and offer workshops. This Saturday is the turn of Taoist Tai Chi FLK
offering a Tai Chi Demo class at 10:00AM.
Meet everyone and make your Saturday an exciting experience by visiting the St. John’s Farmers’ Market at the Lions Chalet on Bonaventure Avenue, between 9:00AM and 2:00PM. Check the complete vendor list
for this week.
Saturday, September 20th outdoor activities and performances:
- 9:00 AM to 10:00AM: Serena Piercey, Violinist/ Fiddler (12 years old). She has been playing for the last 6 years with Suzuki Talent Education Program and the STEP fiddlers
- 10:00AM to 12:00PM: Geoff Panting (accordion folk)
- 10:00AM to 12:00PM: Free Tai Chi Demo class with Taoist Tai Chi FLK
- 10:00PM to 11:00AM: Jenna Maloney,(singer) who will be playing in benefit of the Terry Fox Run.
Please note that all outdoor activities are weather dependent.
We have great quality reusable shopping bags with our logo on sale for just $10. Please bring cash for all purchases as there isn’t an ATM on site. Parking is limited.
Joins us on Facebook
for more details about the vendors, products, activities and updates.