September 24th, ST. JOHN’S, NL
– The St. John’s Farmers Market is entering a very busy season. More than 60 vendors every week and an average of 1800 customers are coming every Saturday to enjoy a wide selection of high quality products; all fresh and locally produced.
More than 200 vendors are part of the St. John’s Farmers Market and every Saturday you have the opportunity to meet more than 60 of them. Twelve farmers are regular at the Market: Nagels Hill Agri Products, Lester’s Farm, Organic Farm, Hummock Farm, Oliver’s Farm and many others are coming every Saturday offering the best of their productions. According to our farmers now it is time for subtropical products as tomatoes, peppers, flowers, greens and roots crops. Thanksgiving Is coming soon and the Market is getting prepared.
Olive Gluten Free, Bon a Pet Treat, Jewish Deli, Pakow Catering (Thai food), In Your Face Ice Cream, Luna Raw Desserts, Daisy & Sacha Sauces, Paleo Bites, among many others, are a big part of the Market experience for new and regular customers. In addition, you’ll find such products as paleo, gluten-free and vegan treats, handmade soup mixes, delicious sauces, waffles, jam and preserves, pickled vegetables, fresh wild blueberries, international food from Africa, India, Turkey, Brazil, Thailand, Colombia and much more. We also have a wide diversity of local artists showing their unique creations.
The Market has two new tents at the back field, where new craft vendors and non-profit organizations promote their products and offer workshops. This Saturday is the turn of Taoist Tai Chi FLK
offering a Tai Chi Demo class at 10:00AM. Also, our customers have a good time enjoying original tunes from several musicians performing every week.
Meet everyone and make your Saturday an exciting experience by visiting the St. John’s Farmers’ Market at the Lions Chalet on Bonaventure Avenue, between 9:00AM and 2:00PM. Check the complete vendor list
for this week.
Saturday, September 27th outdoor activities and performances:
- 9:00 AM to 10:00AM: Serena Piercey, Violinist/ Fiddler (12 years old). She has been playing for the last 6 years with Suzuki Talent Education Program and the STEP fiddlers
- 10:00AM to 12:00PM: Jenna Maloney,(singer).
- 10:00AM to 12:00PM: Free Tai Chi Demo class with Taoist Tai Chi FLK
- 12:00PM to 1:00PM: Mark Burry Comedy Magic Show. FREE
Please note that all outdoor activities are weather dependent.
We have great quality reusable shopping bags with our logo on sale for just $10. Please bring cash for all purchases as there isn’t an ATM on site. Parking is limited.
Joins us on Facebook
for more details about the vendors, products, activities and updates.